Closes 3 Oct 2022
$150,000 + super
We are open to candidates anywhere in Australia, our team is mainly based in Sydney
About the Future Super Group
At Future Super, we’re making money moves and changing the way super is done. By giving people a chance to invest their life savings in companies that don’t harm the planet, we’re showing the power super has to change the world!
We are looking for someone to join our mission focused high-growth superannuation business. You will be joining the Legal, Risk and Compliance team where we enable the continued growth of the business by translating complex regulatory requirements into easy to follow processes, ensuring day to day activities are compliant. What better way to support and bring to life the Future Super Group’s Strategy?!
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers, people with caring responsibilities and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual (LGBTQIA+) people. Seriously, the problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table, the better our solutions become.
You’ll love this job if:
- You find superannuation opaque and frustrating, if you had the chance to revolutionize the industry to be better for people, you would
- You believe compliance exists not to create roadblocks, but to help the business perform and grow safely
- You can ensure advertising and marketing content is compliant with applicable regulatory requirements, without stifling creativity and innovative ideas
- You believe in a culture of continuous improvements where systems and processes are developed by humans, for humans, and you want to contribute to the continual development of the compliance monitoring framework
- You love to collaborate, but you’re also comfortable showing the way by working autonomously and with minimal supervision within your area of expertise
- You enjoy problem solving and helping with an assortment of projects and process improvement opportunities from day to day
We’re looking for someone who:
- Believes in the Future Super Group’s mission and has a passion for moving Australia’s money out of fossil-fuels and into renewable energy
- Is values driven, with a commitment to ethical decision making and integrity
- Has outstanding attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Has 5+ years experience in financial services compliance, preferably within superannuation
- Has sound knowledge of AFSL compliance and ASIC’s regulatory guidance
- Has experience in marketing disclosure requirements
- Is proactive with a can-do attitude
- Has experience in managing people and inspiring a positive work culture
It would be great if you also had:
- Practical experience implementing a controls monitoring framework
- Tertiary qualifications in Law, Business, Finance or a related field
- Experience in risk management and implementation of controls and report preparation
- An understanding of Agile principles
- AML/CTF, Conflicts, Incidents and Breach management experience
Don’t tick all the boxes? That’s okay, we like thinking outside the box. We value skills, passion and who you are over what you’ve done or where you’ve studied. So if this job resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
You’ll love working here with:
- A purpose-driven organisation, spending your days working on making this world a better place! The more we grow, the bigger the impact we are making on climate change and inequality
- A proud B Corp organisation that cares about how it behaves inside and out
- Heaps of flexibility to fit work into your life (not your life around our work) and the opportunity to work with your manager to define what that looks like for you now and in the future
- Additional leave benefits such as 14 weeks’ paid Parental Leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package, Mental Health Leave and Menstrual and Menopausal Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities, company-wide social events, and membership to Bicycle NSW (or your State’s equivalent) as part of our sustainable transport policy
- The Future Super Group is an equal opportunity employer – we provide flexible working hours, the option to work from home and a laptop you can use to work remotely (this used to be a more differentiating dot-point, but it’s still true!)
The application will require answering short questions so give yourself time to complete it. Once started, you can save and return to your application before submitting.
We use Applied as our de-identified recruitment platform, helping us reduce the risk of unconscious bias in our hiring process. If you are curious to know more about how it works, check out this blog post.
Questions? Please reach out to Keely, People and Culture Coordinator, at email@example.com.Apply →